first field trip

IMG957384

Wyatt had his first field trip yesterday to the pumpkin patch. I was soooo bummed I couldn’t go. My mom was on her way out of town and my dad has been sick so they couldn’t keep Josie. And have I mentioned she has been refusing a bottle. Nice.

My friend Julie took this picture. Isn’t it awesome???? I love that Wyatt is frozen and everyone else is spinning around. That look is pure JOY!

I was so anxious about him going and me not being there. God is definitely teaching me a lot about trust and letting go of things I cannot control. He was so excited about riding the bus. I told him you have to sit down and don’t stand up. I know Mommy, I know to sit on my bottom, we watched a video about riding the bus.

I talked to him about strangers and safety {I have been drilling this a lot lately}!

He is getting so big. Hard to believe he will be 6 in a week. It’s been fun to watch him mature and become more independent. I think I was a little naïve as to what to expect in Kindergarten. Wyatt comes home and tells me things I wish he didn’t know. He tells me things that hurt his feelings. He tells me things that make him laugh {which usually involve bathroom talk}. I have shed tears {the baby hormones are much more stable now} but I have learned to depend more on Jesus. Wyatt in school has been teaching us more and more about parenting, about looking to Jesus for guidance and trust.

On a funny note…Wyatt asked me what a fart was the other day. We usually say pass gas around our here. It was so out of the blue that I was trying not to laugh. I told him what it meant and then Andy said later to me Well Olivia I’m surprised he has gotten this far without knowing. Very true.

Comments

Popular Posts