Grasping hands...my daughter

This is beautifully written by my hubby {from his blog}. After reading it I felt like I was reading a letter to her from him. So thankful for this man and thankful Josie has a father who loves her and will point her to Christ.
Grasping hands...my daughter
I took pictures of Josie's first bath yesterday. She turned one week old. Olivia has those photos on her blog coming soon, I'm sure.
It was sweet to watch Olivia and her interact and Josie not fussing or fidgeting or be bothered...just soaking, literally, the cleansing. Clean. Sweet. Little. Innocent. Brand new little girl who belongs to God.
Here is the scripture from the Lord that is Josie's life verse:
Psalm 116:5-7 NIV84
The Lord is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
I sat on the couch, watching this baby sleep. She was asleep on me...wiggling little lips, crinkled little cheeks, fingers laid on my shoulder and chest. Resting in what looked like by-design snuggling. Made to lean in close..made to be at peace..at home..clinging to me...with trust that is instinctual. Her little hands laid up toward my neckline...they were essentially communicating something bigger ...a picture of love. A picture of sweet beauty. Of a relationship that can be of such significance. Love. Cuteness. Hope in God. Little fingers that cling to daddy...who clings to Jesus...who clings to the Father in Heaven.
Will these little hands rest in her Heavenly Father's embrace all her days? This is our hope. Will this sweet and soft breathing creation of a child whisper crinkling hopes to the heart of God...and walk together with Him..and me..and our family..all her days?
To watch and listen and embrace these grasping little sweet hands..and to kiss her forehead..and to feel her baby soft skin and to hope for her future and long for her salvation...I am her father. I am her Daddy. She is mine. She belongs to Olivia and me. She belongs to the Lord. She is His gift to us..we embrace this divine dance that God offers as we learn to do what Josie is doing:
Resting against the  bosom of God. Embracing the warmth that Jesus offers. Grasping with hands...the life that is offered by clinging to God.
Keep clinging, little one. I will always love you. Always. Forever and ever and ever.
Josie Wade Ogle. A few thoughts about you this a.m.
Blessings,
-ao

Comments

Popular Posts