baby girl’s room

I thought I would share some pictures of her little room. I just realized that I have not posted any pictures of the boys room and they have been sharing since May. But…her room is nice and tidy and theirs is not…so another time I will post the boys.

Her room is not finished. I can’t decide on curtains and I can’t find anything I like. So, I’m waiting.

I can’t find a crib skirt…anywhere. I just want a simple, white crib skirt. I had one I used with the boys and got rid of it. Now, they are no where to be found..unless I want to spend a lot of money for one and I’m just too cheap. So, I’m waiting on that too. I’m thinking both “projects” will be something my mom makes my mom helps me make.

I am not a girly girl. There was NO pink in my house until we started decorating her room. I’m pretty sure I don’t even own a pink article of clothing.

I am really into vintage, retro right now….so her room is a little eclectic. Blues, yellows, pink and reds. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

It’s been a lot fun and I am really embracing my feminine side. Ha ha.

So here is her room…always a work in progress. I don’t like thinking I’m done with my house. I love to rearrange. Add. Take away. Create…..

DSC_1422

I've had that glider since Wyatt was born. I will never forget being out of town and coming home {I was pregnant with Wyatt} and Andy had bought it for me and assembled it. It was such a sweet gift. There is nothing fancy about it. But I have rocked 2 of my babies in it and now our 3rd. I’m thinking about giving it a face lift though. Paint? Fabric? {Katie J, if you are reading this you might have some thoughts on how I should recover it???}

DSC_1423

I found the little jacket for $1 at my favorite thrift store along with the pink owls that were scary brown and I painted pink. The piggy bank was mine when I was a little girl along with the silver cup and the rattle is Boone’s. The quilt in the corner of the photo was made by my Granny when Wyatt was born. I LOVE IT!

DSC_1425

I really didn’t want to get new canvas totes so I just decided to incorporate the red into the room. The frame above the changing table was made by my friend, Lynsi! It has chicken wire attached to clip bows on to or photos. Awesome idea.

DSC_1427

I think baby girl is going to love looking at all these COLORS. I may add some more.

DSC_1429

My 50 cent flea market find. It’s hard to tell but the yellow bird is “chirping”. It’s beak is wide open. Ha!

DSC_1431

Another quilt made by my Granny long ago. It’s falling apart and really can’t be used. So for the mean time it’s a beautiful decoration. I know at some point she will be pulling it out…do girls make forts with blankets?

DSC_1434

This high chair belonged to me when I was a little girl, for my baby dolls. BABY DOLLS…oh my goodness, she is going to have baby dolls. I’m so pumped. The tiny “blanket” is from Goodwill, $1. I kept seeing it and no one had bought it and I just felt it needed to be rescued by me.

DSC_1437

DSC_1439

DSC_1440

DSC_1442

DSC_1454

DSC_1463

I had to share this. My mom found this quilt and was going to give it to my brother and his wife because they just had a baby a couple months ago….thinking it had belonged to my brother when he was a baby.

DSC_1456

When she took it to the dry cleaners and found THIS at the bottom of the quilt. MY NAME! What a surprise. It has my name embroidered on it with my birth date.

DSC_1459

DSC_1458

DSC_1461

I just adore it. Someone had a great idea to have baby girl’s name embroidered with her birth date on the other side. I think that is a grand idea.

Now all we need is a sweet girl to make this room and our family complete.

Comments

Kayce said…
Oh my gosh! So, first of all, I completely ripped off your fabric circles & bought those rings and some awesome fabric at Hobby Lobby yesterday to do the very same thing! LOVE it!
Also, I have a glider that I got when I was preparing for my Wheat (who is almost 11 years old!) and I have been wanting to recover it for ages. I even spoke to a lady here in town who I take small sewing projects to (she owns and operates Alterations Unique on Martel Road) and she helped me know what fabrics to look for that can be used for making covers, etc. I have been looking for a cotton canvas and mostly online. One of my favorite sites is Harts Fabric. Google that, girl. You'll go crazy. (Fabric is SO expensive, isn't it!?!?)

Popular Posts