date with wyatt

DSC_0951(2)

Me and Wyatt went and visited our new nephew, Blake, the other day. Wyatt was great with him. So gentle and patient and it made him soooooooooo excited to have a baby sister. I wish I had gotten a picture of him holding Blake, it was precious. DSC_1002(3)

I snapped a few pictures of Blake. It’s hard to believe he is already 4 weeks old! I will post some of those pictures on Backseat Photos in the next several days. He did not make a peep. He was so sweet and content and I loved holding him. Me and Wyatt kept taking turns holding him, we just couldn’t get enough. I can’t wait to meet our baby girl and hold her in my arms. Not much longer!

DSC_1061(3)

It was our date day. I have not talked at all about Andy’s schedule this summer but he is basically on a sabbatical. I will share more of that in another post but it’s been so sweet to have him home with us. Each week we take turns having a “day” with the boys…one on one time. So this was my day with Wyatt. After we saw Blake we went and grabbed some quick Chick-Fil-A and then headed to the library where we were going to see a magician. Little did I know every one in town had the same idea and the parking was so so so far away. It was 1:30 in the afternoon and I was willing to walk the distance for Wyatt {even having to go to the bathroom}. As we pulled in the parking space just in front of us was a creek. A complete change of plans occurred and Wyatt wanted to play in the creek rather than see the magic show. So that is what we did. Thankfully there was a bathroom near by. I know random picture of us in the bathroom but why not.

DSC_1067

It was so stinking hot but thankfully there was shade.

DSC_1069

He saw this tree and said Momma look at that HUGE root!

DSC_1075

I loved our time together. We stayed about 45 minutes and I couldn’t take the heat any longer. I asked if he wanted to come back some time with Daddy and Boone and he said no, just you. Heart=melting. I’m trying to prepare myself emotionally for him going off to Kindergarten in just a few weeks. My hormones are going to be all over the place after having this baby. I’m just thankful for days like these. It’s a gift from the Lord to share these times with Wyatt and also one one one time with Boone. I know not all Mommas get that and it’s a struggle to find that time to do so. I’m extremely grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts