9 weeks to go…we’re in the single digits!

pinkcoat

Last week with Andy gone I had to take the boys with me to my doctor’s appointment. My parents were unable to help and I couldn’t get a sitter. No problem. I’ve had to take Boone with me before and I’m in and out so quickly that I didn’t think it would be a big deal to take them both. The doctor was just listening to the heartbeat…well let’s just say don’t take your 5 year old {boy} who asks a ton of questions with you to your OB visit. Why did I not take that into consideration. Every visit you have to pee in a cup. Why did I not think Wyatt would be astonished by this? I forgot to tell him I would have to pee in a cup. {I had given him the exact details of what would happen at this visit…weigh me, check blood pressure, measure belly, listen to heartbeat…yet I forgot about the peeing in a cup.} Then we get to the room and the questions start.

Momma what is this curtain for? To play peek-a-boo.

What is that? A microphone? {This would be the light the doctor uses to “examine”.} Yes Wyatt, that is a microphone.

Why are those there? {Talking about the stirrups.} Those are for Mommas to rest their feet.

What is that a picture of? Why does it look like that, what is it? {This would be in reference to the fully detailed diagram of a female “part”.} Wyatt, please stop asking questions.

So my appointment that usually takes maybe 30 minutes total…if that…took an hour. I learned that I gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I thought I would pass out from the stuffiness of our tiny room. And my kids were bonkers.

But the big brothers got to hear a sweet, strong heartbeat and that was a blessing in itself.

Comments

Popular Posts