8 days. very long days.
My hubby has been gone for 8 days taking kids to YL camp.
I would love to say it’s been a great week and sure by the pictures I’ve posted it looks like everything has just been hunky-dory! Well, it hasn’t. Ha! Let’s just be honest. It has pretty much stunk. I would like to say I prayed for him and kids while they were gone. Well, I haven’t. I’d like to say I prayed for myself and looked for the Lord daily. Well, I didn’t…{except to say help me Lord!!!!} I’d like to say my kids did great with Andy gone and really cooperated and got along well with each other and listened to me. Well, they didn’t. I’d like to say I didn’t yell at my kids on a daily basis. Well, I did. I’d like to say that there were not many tears shed by them or me. Well, there were.
I’m going to stop there because I could go on but that probably gives you an idea. Husband gone 8 days. 2 boys. 30 weeks pregnant. 100 degrees outside. Little sleep for all. Very little, if any, patience from Momma.
I’m thankful the Lord’s mercies are new every morning. That my children are learning what forgiveness is and graciously giving it to me.
That our high school friends lives have been changed and we have a BIG GOD who offers unconditional, pure love….grace and mercy.
That my husband is my best friend. And I truly miss him when he’s gone {not just for his help, but for him}.
Here are a few more pictures from the week. I tried to have things for us/them to do and I’m thankful for my mom who taught me about cheap entertainment and how much fun it can be. Who knew some water filled pots and measuring cups could be so much fun and occupy these two boys for at least 45 minutes. Thanks Mom! You should have been a kindergarten teacher. I’m thankful for all the fun, educational things you do with your grandkids and the fun ideas you give me.
Comments