mother’s day celebration {wyatt’s pre-k}

DSC_1605

On Thursday Wyatt’s Pre-K class hosted a Mother’s Day Celebration. Holy cow hold the mascara! He has been so excited about this day for a month now and did a fabulous job keeping it a secret. I really had no clue what I was in for…but was it a TREASURE! He greeted me at the door and said may I escort you please, then he offered his arm. He took me to my seat where there was a program for the event, confetti, a smell good “tissue paper” flower, and a sunflower plant already growing.

DSC_1586(2)

They then sang sweet sweet songs to us and each child stood directly in front of their Momma and sang to them…songs like You are my sunshine…with motions.

DSC_1596

After that they presented us with our gift….a book. Oh-my-goodness. The first page you open up and it’s a picture of me holding Wyatt when he was first born. That’s when the tears came. Even now typing I am tearing up. I know I’m hormonal but even if I wasn’t having another baby I would be crying. I’m sure his teacher, Mrs. Melinda, got some good pictures of that. Ha.

DSC_1590DSC_1599

This is one of the best parts of the book:

DSC_0170

The part that made me laugh out loud is my favorite outfit. I have no clue what he’s talking about but it could sound a little “shady”.

After this they brought us each a cookie they had decorated and a glass of lemonade…then a slideshow…set to music= more tears!

DSC_1588DSC_1598

His teacher amazes me. She had put together a slideshow of them throughout the entire year. My kids getting older is not getting easier on my emotions….is this how it’s suppose to be? I’m a trainwreck!!!!

After the slideshow we went outside and the kids set butterflies free.

DSC_1604

I really am thankful the Lord saw me fit to be a mother. I have some really great days and I have some really ugly days. Days that I have to apologize to my kids and ask them to forgive me. It’s the hardest job in the world but the most rewarding, hands down.

Some days I really really really don’t want my kids to grow up. I’m thankful to feel this way because I too often rush them to be older.

DSC_1608(2)

My handsome boy.

DSC_1610(2)

And our funny picture.

Oh and I can’t forget Boone. He made this sweet little box with his small, perfect handprint. Inside were the cutest pictures of him from this year. And while I was not paying attention he started ripping the stickers off and crumbled up his pictures. Nice. My mom said it best that one day I will love to see all those wrinkled up pictures and wish he was still little. She’s right considering when I was young I took her red lipstick and colored the inside of my hands and stuck them to the wall in my room and she literally left them there until the day we moved {when I was in college} and they had to repaint the room. I love my Momma, wow am I grateful beyond words for her.

DSC_0178

Comments

Popular Posts