my cowboys
My sweet, sensitve 5 year old {in tears} told me this morning that he doesn't want to grow up, or go to college, or get a job. He wants to live with us forever and just be "me". If I grow up I won't be able to sit in your lap {this made me want to cry}, but I have to eat and I have to lose a tooth.
This is exactly why I love to take pictures of my kids.They are only little once and it goes much much too fast. I always thought Kindergarten was a long way off {when Wyatt was born} but now we are getting ready- the big day is just 4 months away.
Wyatt and Boone and Baby Girl will grow up.
They will learn to tie their own shoes and wash their own hands.
There will come a time they won't need me to tuck them in bed or read to them at night.
Or hold their hand to cross the street.
They won't need me to give them baths or help them brush their teeth, or hair.
But a picture is like a thousand words.
It holds something so dear to your heart.
It speaks for itself when you can't.
It holds time when time moves forward.
It recalls a sweet memory.
It makes you laugh. And cry.
So I just listen to Wyatt and hold him in my lap. I let him tell me he doesn't want to grow up. And I squeeze him tight and cherish our little moments together.
And occasionally when he's not looking...I cry too.
Comments