see ya dvr, see ya direct tv…you were fun while you lasted
Do you see what sits on top our entertainment center? Yes, that would be an antenna. We are going back to the basics around here. We pulled the plug last night. Something we’ve been talking about for awhile and finally got up the nerve to do it. I’ll be honest, I’m sad. We have loved loved loved and loved having DVR. To record shows and watch when we want to. Or for the kids. Or to pause the TV when Wyatt needs to go to the bathroom. OK…that’s where it had to end. I thought, this is ridiculous that he is wanting us to pause the TV so he can go to the bathroom. I mean it’s way convenient but I just don’t want my kid to be demanding the TV to be paused so he can do his business, wash his hands, and get back to his program. He’s 5. I am going to miss HGTV {sniff sniff}, some of the movie channels, Disney, Teen Mom and Sixteen & Pregnant, and I know Andy is going to miss ESPN.
I think the hardest is that it was somewhat of a “luxury” and I didn’t want to give that up. So check back tomorrow and I’ll give you the reason we really needed to cut this expense out of our budget and free up some money.
And in all honesty, I wouldn’t be surprised if we went to basic cable and paid $20 a month…we’ll see what the hubs thinks of having 4 channels. :)
At least there is PBS. Thank the Lord. Really, I’m thanking Him.
Comments