shaving cream & marbleized paper
I almost lost my sanity with this project. I quickly remembered why I do “projects” with Wyatt while Boone is napping. But I’m trying to involve him too and I think they enjoy doing these little activities together.
I bought all this Sunday before the snow so I knew we would have something to do. I bought cheap cans of mens shaving cream and water color paper. I first let the boys just have fun playing with the shaving cream. Boone went to town and dove right in pretending like it was soap and scrubbing his arms. I did put old t-shirts of ours on them so all this would not get on their regular pajamas clothes.
Boone was done after he ate it. So I cleaned him up and that was that. He had fun.
Next Wyatt made marbleized paper. I had never done this before but saw it on a blog and thought it would be fun to try. You will need:
a cookie sheet. shaving cream. acrylic paint. plastic forks, straws, anything to make swirls/designs. watercolor paper. a spatula.
Drop dots of the paint onto your shaving cream.
Then get to swirling, however you want. Let your kiddos get creative.
Next press your paper down into the shaving cream. Then pull it up, take it to your sink and scrap off all the shaving cream/paint with your spatula. Lay them on paper towels or newspaper to dry. Once they are dry separate them with parchment paper and put them under some books to flatten them out.
And there you go! So cool and pretty. You could use them for cards or hang them in frames. There are all sorts of ways to be creative with these. This was one of my favorite designs Wyatt created.
Comments