another reminder

Wyatt doesn't have school today. Thanks a lot school system. Yes, I'm pretty perturbed. Wyatt's Mother's Day Out runs on the main school system so because there was snow yesterday {the main roads are clear} he doesn't have school today. Thanks a lot back roads. I'm tired. Grumpy. Andy has been out of town since Sunday and gets back some time today. I hope. He had pretty bad weather where he was staying. I needed Wyatt to be at MDO today. Just a chance to try to get a couple things done with only one child. But that's not going to happen. And I tell you the truth, Wyatt is more upset than me. He really wants to be at school.

I shared this last year in the advent book I am reading and I thought it was a good reminder for me, so I'm sharing again. Thank you Mary for saying "yes" so that we may have a Savior to save us from ourselves.

For heaven itself was swelling within you, and you were the door. Not in terrible glory would he come, this Son of the Most High God. Not in the primal blinding light, nor as the shout by which God uttered the universe, nor yet with the trumpet that shall conclude it, but through your human womb, as an infant bawling and hungry. By your labor, Mary, by the fierce contractions of your uterus, eternity would enter time. The angel said, Will you be the door of the Lord into this place? 


And you said, Yes. 


-Preparing for Jesus 
by, Walter Wangerin Jr. 

Comments

Popular Posts