boone’s first campout
{They are saying cheeeeeeeese…and they are so excited you can’t even see their eyes.}
Andy has really been wanting to do a campout in the backyard with the boys. Andy first did this with Wyatt when he was almost 3. Boone is not even 2.5 yet but I thought why not. If Andy’s up for “dealing” with him…then what’s the big deal AND we are in our backyard. Wyatt got a new sleeping bag for his birthday, a big boy one, and he wanted to try it out. So Friday night we bundled up the boys and I slept inside.
Andy had a great fire going and they roasted marshmallows.
They also enjoyed hot chocolate. {And Lilly kept watch over them at night.}
Wyatt did a little stargazing he even came prepared with flashlight and binoculars. {Note the marshmallows, yum!!}
Hello hubs!
Hot chocolate in a sippy cup. Who knew?!
The men.
I was not sure if Boone would make it through the night. But they were all bundled up and Boone slept in between Andy and Wyatt.
I heard them at 5 am. Andy started a fire to keep them warm. I asked him why did they not just come inside or at least bring Boone in and put him in his bed….he told me because when you go camping you just get up early. I thought it was so cute. So they stayed out there for awhile, the boys sat in Andy’s lap around the fire to stay warm. Then Andy made them cinnamon rolls for breakfast. :) We have yet to go “officially” camping. I think camping in the backyard has been good practice for Wyatt and now Boone. Needless to say both boys fell asleep for a good loooong nap on Saturday.
Comments