5

Dear Wyatt,

It is so hard to believe you are 5 today! Happy birthday to the little baby boy who was placed in my arms at 5:28 p.m. on November 7. I remember thinking 5 was so far off and now it feels like I have just blinked my eyes and here is this now little boy in front of me. I am sure I will feel the same way when you turn 10 and then 13 and 16 and 18……so slow down and don’t grow so fast.

DSC_1002(2)     

 

There is so much to share about you but if I had to pick my top 5 things they would be:
1. Your smile lights up a room. I love your moon shaped eyes, when you smile really big. They look just like your Mama D’s. So when you smile like that, I often think of her.

2. You are the best big brother. I had no idea two little boys/brothers could love each other as much as you and Boone do. You are so sweet to always hug him and acknowledge him when he has been gone from you on the days you go to Preschool. He will be lost without you next year when you are in Kindergarten.

3. You make the best creations/towers/gadgets/buildings. You tell me you want to be a policeman when you grow up…but I wouldn’t be surprised if you were an architect, an engineer, a builder or mechanic. Ha ha. Just the other day you told me to come check out the “moving trap” you made. I have no idea where you got that…but I love that you are thinking and using your imagination.

4. I love your drawings. The other day you drew a picture of me and I had a smile. That in itself made me cry. Tears of joy not sadness. I often think I can be so hard on you, lose my patience with you, and/or be in a very grumpy mood. I’m thankful you see me with a smile at least enough to draw it on my face.

5. Your prayers. When we are all together around the dinner table and you pray for our food-you not only pray for our food but the grass, the trees, Lillybug, our family, our neighbors, the rain, the sun, hamburgers, our world, forks, our garden, our home…I could go on and on. We are so quick to bless our food that we sometimes forget to slow down and thank God for the many blessings He has given us. Thank you for reminding us of that Wyatt.

DSC_1039(2)

We are thrilled to celebrate you our sweet boy. Wyatt, our “warrior”.

DSC_1206

“I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.” Ephesians 3:16&17

 

DSC_1132(2)

DSC_1102(2)

DSC_1219(2)

Words can’t express how much love our hearts hold for you.

Comments

Shannon said…
So sweet!! What a big boy!! Happy 5th Birthday Wyatt!!

Popular Posts