the not-so-first soccer game
Wyatt had his first soccer game this past Saturday. And it rained. Like a lot. But as long as it’s not thundering and lightening they still play.
Rain.
More rain.
Still raining.
I asked him what he thought about playing in the rain and his response was: “I think it’s great!” I knew that would not be a problem. But for different reasons, Wyatt refused to play. So at halftime, after standing in the rain with a jacket and umbrella, and trying to keep up with a two year old…me and Boone retreated to the car and watched from there. On the other hand, my sweet hubs stood out there with Wyatt, who refused to play, the entire time. Since we both played sports growing up, this was a good lesson about not giving up and being a part of a team. We will try again this week. Hopefully with beautiful weather and hopefully cheering Wyatt on from the sidelines.
But he sure looks cute in that soccer uniform.
Comments