my friend mindy

DSC_0658 (2)

Just last week we were having a “moment” with Wyatt about how “ungrateful” he can be. He has been unappreciative in receiving things and just wants MORE! Imagine that…aren’t we all like that? I will just speak for myself and say that I am in deed this way. I think this one thing will make me happy and it’s never enough. I think it’s a longing to be with the Lord. He is the only one who can satisfy all my needs, desires and wants. There is a stirring in my heart that we really need to physically show our kids what kind of needs people have in our world. That there is poverty, suffering, pain, and hunger. I don’t know what that’s going to look like with an almost 5 year old and 2 year old but I sense God will reveal it to us in an age appropriate way. Ha! AND He did…this past week.

My sweet friend Mindy left for Haiti on Friday. You may remember this post. Here is the email she sent out and I thought I would share it, so if you felt prompted to pray for her and her team, you would.

I would ask for your prayers the team as we go that God would move in our hearts and the hearts of those around us. I pray we would think more about ministering to people than "medicining" them. I pray as bodies are healed or not healed that hearts would come to know the one true God, the one who knows them and never forgets them. Pray for safety, teachability, flexibility, and wisdom. I am excited and can't wait to let you know how God worked while we were there! I know I have said this before, but Haiti gives me much MUCH more than I will ever give to it. I am thankful that I can be a part of what Jesus is doing in Haitians and how he is changing Americans through Haiti. May His name be praised.
Much love to you all,
Mindy

Mindy was gathering items for her trip and asked people if they wanted to bring any of the items they could. Thank you Lord. A teachable moment for Wyatt..and me.

Comments

Popular Posts