windy gap week 2
Well, Boone is doing better in his bed. I think the first day he climbed out he realized what he could do...and just kept doing it. We have to tell him to stay in his bed and for the most part he does...except in the mornings when he's ready to get up and play. I can't believe we are on our last week. It's hard to believe really how quickly our time had gone. Instead of looking back and wishing I had done this or that, I hope to live in the present and make the most of my time here. I have hardly spent time with Jesus {which is part of my problem} and instead have been trying to pull from my own strength, which has failed. The Lord has met me and not failed me. I heard this verse the other day and it continues to stir in my soul: "The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." John 1:5 {New Living Translation} The picture above is part of something YL does called Cardboard Testimonies. I stood in the back and let the tears come. Not out of sadness, but out of the LOVE of Christ. That He doesn't just leave us where we are at, but comes to RESTORE us and give us new life. New campers will be here in about 5 hours. Kids with broken hearts and broken homes. Kids are hurting inside and out. Kids who long for love and security. Kids who are about to hear the greatest RESCUE story of all time.
The classic Wyatt face. He really is a happy kid.
"WD and 40" our program guys.
Wyatt was "reading" his bible to Boone who was so attentive. He said Jesus loves you and will protect you.
My highlight of the week was my friend Marla came to visit with her kids!!! It blessed my heart so much to have them here.
Love you Marla!
On Thursday me and Wyatt took on the Windy Gap hike. This is new to camp and we wanted to check it out. I wasn't sure if we would make it to the Summit or not. But we did. Wyatt was a rockstar, seriously. Are you ready for this....it was 5 miles!!! By the end we were both ready to get down the mountain because our feet were pretty tired but I'm so thankful to have gotten to do this with my boy. And I'm so grateful Andy stayed behind with Boone so I could go!!! It was a treasure.
The fun thing about camp is meeting new people! This is Shelly. She cracks me up.
Love my hubs.
Staff kids got to go on a horse ride around the stable yesterday. We have looked forward to this all week.
All girl horse wranglers. I think that is SO cool. Go girls, you rock!
Pure joy for this boy. He was so comfortable in this setting.
One of my all time favorite pictures. Wyatt told me he wanted a picture with Duke, the donkey.
Boone rode his first horse! I wish you could have seen this child. He was going nuts wanting to get on a horse. I'm talking fearless. Literally.
I love this one with my boy {even though I have quite a bit of the YL logo going on}.
We had to take Boone around for a second time because he was having the biggest fit to want to get on a horse. I think it's in his blood, Wyatt's too. No question they got this from their Daddy and Papaw!
And thank you all for your comments and prayers for me over this past week. Thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully this last week will bring happier posting. :)
Comments
so glad they could come and join in all the fun!
we will be there next time , i swear!