complaining to shining

This was part of a devotion from my favorite little book...Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
Do not feel guilty about taking time to be still in My Presence.  You are simply responding to the tugs of divinity within you.  I made you in My image, and I hid heaven in your heart.  Your yearning for Me is a form of homesickness: longing for your true home in heaven.
To follow me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your desire to please other people.  However, your closeness to Me will bless others by enabling you to shine brightly in this dark world.

Oh how very true this is and how well it speaks to my heart. We are at camp, just got her a few days ago. We are still trying to get into a routine, a rhythm while we are here. I have to remind myself, or the Lord is reminding me, that this is not about me. This is about kids coming to know the Father. I can get stuck in my little world. Complain about having to care for the kids 24/7, with not much of a break, and not much time with my husband. Complain about being tired. Complain about missing home and the comforts of home. But there is a bigger picture to all this. I think God is gently whispering in my ear that we are all in this together. We are here to show Christ to kids, even in our parenting, our marriages, our friendships with each other. It's easy for me to complain and very easy to make it about ME. My prayer is that God would change my heart. That I would not be in Olivia's "survival mode" but truly giving my struggles to the Father and find rest in Him.

This week of camp is the largest week Windy Gap has had all summer @ 400 kids. 400 teenagers!!!! I hope that in the midst of me chasing my boys around and just trying to keep up with them, that I would reflect the Lord. Not just to 400 teenagers but even to my own 2 kids.

Comments

Popular Posts