my kid went from the easiest kid in the world to put to bed to the hardest

I'm literally at my wits end. I'm so tired. So overwhelmed. So ready to come home. Boone figured out this morning how to climb out of his bed. Not good. I tried putting him down for a nap this afternoon and he climbed out 4 times. I tried putting him in the big bed and he wouldn't stay there. I tried everything. Andy came "home" and was able to get him to sleep by laying down with him. That's fine, but I don't want to start that habit. Wyatt never did this so I'm clueless as to what to do. He never climbed out. And when put in a big bed, he stayed there. Not so much Boone.

Tonight, I've been trying for an hour to get Boone AND Wyatt to bed and they are still not asleep. I'm sure Boone will greet me at any moment.

I think out of the 7 assignments we have had this has been my hardest. I'm chairing our YL Banquet and there is so much I have to do to get ready for that and I'm overwhelmed. My mom had her hip replacement surgery yesterday. Everything went great, praise the Lord, but I really want to be with her.

I just have a bitter spirit and it sucks. I'm tired. I'm hot. I don't hardly get a "break". I don't get to see much of my hubs. I'm a complainer. I know.

I don't know what's going on at camp. I don't take many pictures (my therapy, ha). I haven't heard one YL talk.

I wish I had some great stories to tell about kids. What God is doing in their lives. How to pray for them. But I don't. I do know He is at work. I do know He is sovereign. I do know He is changing lives.

I get to see one of my bestest friends tomorrow and I am overjoyed. Just to have a little piece of "home" and someone who knows me and loves me well.  I emailed her to tell her when she leaves I'll probably cry. Ha!

I'm bummed this is where I am on our assignment. I know this is a phase with my kids and it won't last forever. It's just super hard being in it at the moment.

Comments

Katie said…
We prayed for your family and Windy Gap peeps last night. So sorry for this trying time instead of a time of relaxation, fun and carefreeness. You are doing a great job supporting your husband and the call God has placed on your family's life. You are making sacrifices that impact many, many lives, Olivia! I am so proud of you and am praying for you all!
Katherine said…
Oh Olivia, I've totally been there. So sorry. It really sucks when assignment is so hard, especially when you look forward to them all year (at least, I do). This year was great, but last year was miserable for me. I'll pray that you can get a break, enjoy camp, connect with kids, and get to see what God is doing in their lives.
Bostrom Family said…
Max did the same thing you little guy is doing. When we switched him to a "big boy" bed he climbed out sooo many times. I took a couple of weeks, but I just had to keep putting him back in bed. It was exhausting! I'm so sorry you are going through it right now, but I'll be in it again soon when we switch Cooper over. I'll say a prayer for ya.
s.lee said…
know what that feels like. no fun. what about using boone's paci's as leverage? that works for rowe - most of the time. i'm pretty crazy about it because rowe and chap are in the same room and i want to make sure he isn't out of his bed and in her crib - smushing her:-) i've had luck recently with chap in the kid's room and rowe in our room for afternoon naps and then keeping them up later so they are so tired they don't even think about keeping each other up. be prayin' for you, for your endurance, for your heart, for your kid's being sleepy and just going straight to bed!

Popular Posts