a 2 year old birthday party

DSC_0235 DSC_0218(2)

Our sweet boy turns 2 on Sunday! I can’t believe it. I really can’t. It seems like yesterday we were getting ready to go to the hospital to have him and that my belly was about to pop! Andy got back from taking kids to camp late Saturday night and we are leaving tomorrow for our YL Assignment {woot woot} so we had to get Boone’s party in this week. We had family over on Monday night which worked out great for a week night. It was fun to see grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles as we celebrated Boone and also before we left.

DSC_0212

  DSC_0222 DSC_0233 

Here are some of the grandparents and Grammy, Wyatt and Boone’s great-grandmother. Look at my dad, he’s silly.

DSC_0245

The “theme” for the party was farm animals, western, etc. Which I got the cutest decorations that were perfect for the party and forgot to use them. Imagine that. Too much on my plate.

 DSC_0248 DSC_0250 

Boone did a great job opening his gifts and would say “WHOA”. And the cupcakes. They have red sprinkles however the picture looks pink. They were yummers I must say.

 DSC_0256

Check out the hand to the chin. Hilarious. He’s really thinking about this one.

DSC_0254 

That candle is still lit even though he is in the process of blowing it out. He wanted to hold the cupcake, with the lit candle, but I thought that probably was not a great idea. I love those puckered up lips!

DSC_0258 DSC_0264 (2)

We did go with the individual icecreams this year.. Oh my, they are good and reminded me of being a kid and being in elementary school.. I loved this because it made things so much easier. Instead of scooping out icecream and figuring out what everyone wanted, they chose it themselves and made my “job” easier. Also Food City had them cheaper than Walmart. FYI.

DSC_0259 (2)  DSC_0265 (2) 

 

DSC_0276DSC_0275

And there you have it. One happy boy filled with pizza, not sure how many cupcakes, icecream, and not sure how many Capri-suns.

As much as I love taking pictures I am really not able to take many during my kids birthday parties….well because I am needed or because I want to be part of the action.  It crossed my mind after the party that I wished I had asked a friend to come and take pictures for an hour to an hour and a half. I didn’t get any of our family. None with him and Wyatt or me or Andy. None with his grandparents. Or great grandmother.  So maybe next time. I’m hopeful that Boone will look back when he’s older and be pleased with the pictures we have knowing that we were having fun and joining in the excitement of celebrating him. I hope that for many things. Sometimes I just need to live more in the moment.

Happy birthday to my sweet sweet boy.

There will be more posting on Sunday. Back to packing!

 

Comments

marla said…
Awww! Great pics! You know what was left out, but these pics that you did take are great! I can't believe he is 2 already!! Sweet boone! :)

Popular Posts