Yippie-I-O-Ki-A

We took the kids to the rodeo last Friday night in the town over.

DSC_0098

My number 1 cowboy! He wore jeans, cowboy boots and that hat. Ooooo, I love that.

 DSC_0099 DSC_0102

They were excited but not sure what to think as we pulled in.

DSC_0101(2) 

Boone and the cowboys.

DSC_0105 DSC_0111  DSC_0118 DSC_0127(2) DSC_0130(2)

I love this picture. Love it. Love the cowboys and cowgirls all huddled together.

DSC_0132

DSC_0133(2)

Wyatt did not like the calf roping. He almost started crying. But as soon as the “rodeo clowns” ran out to untie the calf he asked me…Mommy are those the superheroes?

DSC_0138 DSC_0139 DSC_0143(2) DSC_0152(2)

I love this culture. I love that we live in a small town that is beginning to get bigger and I’m not sure if I’m excited about that or not. I love that we live next to a really big town and then we live next to this really small town. It’s like the best of both worlds. I love that we can take our kids to rodeos and wear cowboy boots. I love that I can wear a camo shirt and not think twice about it. Haha. That night Andy and I looked at each other and said how grateful we were that we get to do Young Life here! That the gospel is being told. That kids are hearing about Jesus. That there is Hope.

Comments

Popular Posts