adventures in the backyard

 DSC_0016 

This kid has got places to go. Things to explore. People to see.

I’m being vulnerable by showing you part of our backyard. And all of our “yard art”. I’m thinking about entering to win a makeover for our yard. Just kidding. Not really. But seriously my hubs is on a mission and I love it. He’s been working hard trying to get grass growing {as you can see in the picture the grass needs to be cut, and it was cut shortly after this picture}, clearing out brush that needs to be cleared out. He’s got a project…but it’s been fun.

DSC_0025

 DSC_0027

We did buy a picnic table, do you see it in the background. It’s great. It’s huge, like 6 –8 people can sit on it. I had no idea picnic tables were soooo expensive but we got ours at the good ole Home Depot for a reasonable price.

DSC_0033 DSC_0043 DSC_0055DSC_0052

Our neighbors who we don’t really know, but that’s our goal is to really get to know the people who live around our home, have this great swing set that their 2 girls never play on. They told us the boys could play on it as long as we are right there with them. Wyatt’s yard shoes are his cowboy boots {it just sort of worked out that way}, I love that they are on the wrong feet.

 DSC_0060 DSC_0073 DSC_0077

And this boy, oh this boy. All and I mean all, he wants to do is dig for worms. And this keeps him entertained. It’s his new thing. I love it. It’s so all boy, it’s great.

DSC_0083

Andy found this little nest of birds today as he was working in the yard. They kind of look weird but how cool to find a little nest of birds…I hope Momma bird wasn’t scared off and if so we’ll just feed them all the worms Wyatt has been digging up.

DSC_0100

Of course we can’t forget the Beast, Lilly. Isn’t she the cutest?

 

Savannah had her defibrillator put in today. She is resting most of the afternoon. Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts