wyatt's prayers

Tonights dinner prayer:

"Dear God,
Thank you for our bodies. Thank you for the bugs and spiders and for letting me step on them so they will die."
Amen."

Ok, I can't even handle this much honesty. We always offer for Wyatt to pray before we eat and he never wants to. Ever. So we don't force it. As of the past week he has been wanting to say the prayer. So of course we are thrilled. He goes on and on and on. And on. I wish I could record it...hmmm...maybe I will try to figure that one out. I love his voice. I love his honesty. I love that he never asks God to bless our food...well sometimes he thanks him for the food that we are NOT eating that night....{i.e. thank you for the hamburgers and the salad...this was one night at dinner and we were not having hamburgers or salad.}. When he's finished we tell him how proud we are of him and how much God loved that prayer.

Then tonight as I was putting him to bed he asked if he was a good present? I thought for a second, then giggled because I have told him that he and Boone are God's gift to us. Gift, present. Love it. He asked me if he came in a box. Like when he was born.

I have to write this stuff down or I will forget. I'm thankful for the ol' blog to be my memory keeper since I don't have a brain left. I can't wait to share all this with him when he's older.

Comments

Popular Posts