spray paint fixes everything
There is a place I go to ALOT where I find some great deals. It’s a little thrifty shop {there are 2} in our town and if you go there and see something you like you better get it right then because it won’t be there if you come back the next day. They gave garage sale prices and I have found bargains upon bargains there. Sometimes if we are out and about and Andy is with us, he waits in the car with the boys so I can run in. He is totally up for doing this because he knows there are good deals inside and we are all about a good deal.
Ok, so we have been looking for a chandelier for our “dining room”. It’s really the eat-in kitchen because we made our dining room the Cozy Nook. Or as Wyatt calls it, the Crazy Nook. We found this one on Monday:
Note the bronze color. It was brass and whoever had it before painted it bronze. We bought if for $10 and spray painted it black!
I am so proud of the hubs for wiring it up! What a rock star.
And there you go. Ok….so a couple things. The light fixture is not at all centered with the room, table, etc. We can’t center the table to the light b/c then it would be hard to walk through that area. Ugh. And really we didn’t want to go through {at least right now} and redo the wiring, patch work, etc. to center it…so we added the hook. What does it need? I really wish it were centered because I know that would look tons better.I love the way the color turned out but it looks a little gothic. Ha ha. I think it needs lamp shades. Yep, I think it sure does. Any thoughts out there people? Do you think it looks bad? Maybe we need to add more chain to give it a little more swag so it’s not so straight across. Suggestions?
Comments