easter 2010

I wanted to take a quick picture of the boys before church this morning. I mean really quick, so we stayed indoors…it started out like this:

DSC_1495

Then it got a little better, at least the eyes are not squinched {is that a word?}

DSC_1497

Oh so cute, and there’s Boone’s belly sticking out.

DSC_1496   

After an awesome time at church we headed to Grammy’s house. Where we got lots o’ candy.

DSC_1506 DSC_1507 DSC_1508 DSC_1509

Did you say no more candy? Oh! just one more. Yay!

DSC_1510 DSC_1511

My oldest cowboy checking out the eggs.

DSC_1513

And sharing candy.

DSC_1514DSC_1515

Andy with his Dad, Papaw, and the boys. And Nana and Aunt Megan.

DSC_1542DSC_1530DSC_1531

Aunt Megan with Wyatt, Andy’s little sister. Today was her 13th birthday! It’s hard to believe she was 5 when we got married, almost Wyatt’s age….ahhhh, he’s going to be 13 in 8 years! I think Wyatt looks like Megan, not sure what’s up with his hair and his squinted eyes, but the skin tone, the mouth, nose…Aunt Meg is so great with our boys!

DSC_1540

Boone trying to go through every egg to find candy {that we finally had to hide}.

DSC_1559    

Sweet Grammy loving on the boys.

 DSC_1563

Can’t tell you how much I love this one.

 DSC_1552

These little cowboys LOVE LOVE LOVE their Great-Grammy!

DSC_1502

And our family picture that Boone isn’t looking and trying to escape, I’m way off to the side, Andy’s not ready, and Wyatt is actually kind of smiling.

I’ve learned this year it’s not about the clothes, because we didn’t buy anything new {but I wanted to} {and Marla thanks for letting us borrow the ties…they got some sweet compliments and I love how they looked on the boys, you rock!}, it’s not about the hair {because I wanted to get mine cut but I didn’t}, it’s not about dying Easter eggs {because I wanted to, we could just never get around to it}, it’s not about decorating your house {again, I wanted to but God had other plans for us}.

It’s about my Redeemer. That HE LIVES. It’s by His wounds we are healed. {Isaiah 53:5} It’s about praising Him. It’s about thanking Him. It’s about glorifying Him. It’s about what He did on the cross so that we could spend eternity with Him.

O praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead.

O praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead.

O praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead.

In the words of Wyatt, age 4:

“Jesus is dead on the cross, what I’m trying to say is, he died on the cross.”

“Jesus is our Good Shepherd.”

“I’m so mad he died. I’m mad. Not sad. Mad.”

“Mommy, I’m happy. Happy that Jesus died on the cross…for us.”

Comments

notes of em said…
love that sweet baby boy boone..... so soft and squishy!!!
and W does look like Aunt Meg. thats amazing!
marla said…
Love the pics of their Easter ties! :) SO cute. Love pics of Grammy too. awesome.

Popular Posts