some home inspiration to get our minds off sickness
I am about to go stir crazy. We are still on the mend. The boys are doing really good…I say that and Boone just got up from a 4 hour nap and still has green snot….but they are in good spirits. Wyatt is taking his inhaler {or as he calls it…his air pressure}, but not as much and we just finished up ear drops yesterday! Yay! No church this morning for us. I went to the Walgreens “clinic” and waited and waited and waited…and had Wyatt with me. God bless…literally….the man who let us go in front of him. Seriously, it was the nicest gesture and I was beyond appreciative. I have fluid on my ears, which I expected because I can’t hear out of them and they are super sensitive. The people at the pharmacy are going to start knowing us on a first name basis soon. Andy is just ok. He finished his round of meds for bronchitis but is still not well. I’m concerned he may have a sinus infection.
And my sweet momma went back to the doc on Friday and has a slight case of pneumonia and has been sick for almost 2 weeks. She’s not getting better but she’s not getting worse. I’m praying her health is quickly restored.
So in the meantime we are still watching a lot of movies. Wyatt is going to have to go on a TV/movie detox when all this is over.
Now on to more happier posting:
I’ve gotten on a major home decorating kick. I’m not saying I know what I’m doing it. I’m not saying it looks good. I’m just saying I like to try and experiment and see what things look like together. I have an obsession with thrift store shopping. And I’m so beyond excited that yard sales are getting ready to start again. I really really really want to paint my cabinets white. But we are going to wait.

I got these pictures off this website. I totally want to do a picture wall like this somewhere in my house…I do have a black and white thing going in our foyer but I love the colors and different frames and my friend, Kristin, has done something similar to this on her staircase wall. I’m obsessed. And I am in love with the floors in this photo.

And I adore this back patio. I want it. I want the lights in the trees. I want the trees. Maybe we could do something similar to this. Some day.

This photo is from House Beautiful. I am in love with the blue hutch. I will never have one in my kitchen, it’s too small…but I just love that splash of color {and the white cabinets}.
The next set of photos are a few things we’ve been doing around the house. Just inexpensive, easy ways to add a personal touch and a little “decoration” {as Wyatt would say} to our home.
Goal board: things we want to do this spring/summer. Just canvas and a permanent marker. I got input from Andy and Wyatt and some goals of my own and I wrote them on the canvas. I totally got this idea from another blog and I’ve searched and searched and can’t find where I got it. I wanted to give credit to “that” person but I can’t find them. They used poster board…I thought it would be neat to use the canvas then I can paint over it and do the same thing for fall and winter…or just leave it. It’s hanging in our kitchen so we always see it…and so we get inspired.
I am not a Winnie the Pooh “decor” kind of person. I love Winnie the Pooh, I think his little movies are super sweet and Wyatt loves them still…but I saw this quote…fell in love…and had to give “Pooh” the credit. Again, painted the canvas and this time used a paint pen. I immediately thought of my little cowboys and how they are such buddies. This will go somewhere in the play room.
These are just pictures of the boys together. Instead of getting them printed off I just printed them on regular paper. We don’t have a color printer but I like how the black and white turned out. And yes, there’s a kitchen and vacuum for our guys. When Wyatt was about 2 or 3 I wanted to get him a kitchen but I thought well he’s a boy. Is this going to look weird…for a boy? So we didn’t get one. And I wish we had. So we got one for Boone for Christmas. I think it’s pretty masculine…don’t you think? And now I know, with my second child…that who cares if you get your boys a kitchen. They love it and it won’t mess them up. In fact, as a friend put it, some of the greatest chefs in the world….are men.
Here’s hoping to better days ahead and the Lord’s healing touch.
Comments