the outdoor bathroom
Yesterday I was in the car with the boys. We took the scenic route home and decided to stop at a park for like 15 minutes...just enough time to get some Vitamin D, soak in the beautiful sun, get some fresh air, and score Mommy points with my boys. It was a tad chilly so as I was putting on Boone's coat and I hear the sounds of gushing "water" and then a voice..."Hey Mommy look at me". I look over to find Wyatt with pants completely down, peeing, by the slide. My instinct was to say Wyatt pull your pants up! Like that was going to happen while he was in mid-pee. I was sooooo embarrassed. The boy was fully exposed. There were not many people there..but there were people there. I told him he had to tell me when he needed to pee and we would go to the bathroom and he said or over there...pointing to a tree. Yes Wyatt, you can't just pee on a playground. I turn to find a dad and his daughter. He had the biggest grin on his face that I couldn't just pretend it didn't happen. I apologized and he just laughed. I'm sure he was trying not to bust a gut.
I'm fine with Wyatt peeing outside. He does a lot when we are at home playing outside. I would just rather him not pull down his pants in public places and use the bathroom.
Comments