this has been me, this is me, this is what i desire to be

“So when peace comes into me, though I had been desperately restless and afraid; and when I, who am weak, act with surprising strength; and when faith arises in my hopeless soul; and when I, whose heart was filled with hatreds, suddenly find forgiveness there; and when others love me, though I know I could not be the source of their loving; and when my children come home with reverence; and when the work of my hand praises God beyond my natural skill; and when what I am is what I ought to be-whenever the impossible gift arrives for me, it is God.  It is evidence of his love.  It is his mercy so great, that those around me (my neighbors and relatives) are astonished to find me in such a blessed condition after all.”

Preparing for Jesus

by, Walter Wangerin Jr.

 

Comments

notes of em said…
this is what i need to hear today,
thank you for posting.
i love you sweet friend

Popular Posts