red nail polish and carpet don't mix well

Yep. This has been the story of my life lately. I am in a hurry. I don't think, I just go. I can't remember things. I need to slow down. Last night I wanted to paint my nails because we have our YL Christmas Party tonight and I thought that would be festive of me...so I pulled out the red nail polish. I only paint my nails when the boys are in bed because well, how else would I paint them with 2 boys running around. I like to paint my nails on the desk where my computer is because I have a great lamp there and I can read blogs, etc. while they are drying. So last night I come upstairs to the playroom b/c that's where our computer is...paint my nails RED...they finish drying. I turn off the lamp, grab the bottle-by the TOP- and bam....on my brand new carpet.

I was in pure panic. PANIC. Do I blot it up? Do I let it dry? Andy was not home and so I call my friends Emily and Marla and they are both on their computers trying to help me find what to do...and they stay calm, for me. I literally lost it. Like break down, bawling crying, lose it. Because this is not the first thing I have screwed up on but probably the worst thing I have screwed up on- in the last month. I have managed to wash and dry a load of clothes with a green crayon in it. I got spray paint on our front porch, that's another story, and just yesterday I was talking to my friend Mindy on the phone when I grinded a small glass cup in the garbage disposal. Glass. In the garbage disposal. So I spent lunch time with a thick rubber glove on pulling out pieces of glass. Then hours later, the red nail polish.

What is it? I can't remember anything. I start having a conversation and midway through I blank out, I have no train of thought. I struggle with OCD. Seriously. And it's ok to laugh, that's how I deal with it...and two weeks ago we pull in to church and I told Andy I couldn't remember if I turned the oven off. So I drop them off, drive all the way home, and it was off. But it would have driven me CRAZY to be at church and be thinking the whole time did I just burn down the house.

Is God trying to teach me to chill out? Is He saying BE STILL? I feel like I hear Him saying these are just things, material things...and they are not important.

Thank you Emily and Marla for helping me to calm down. For listening to me panic and cry and freak out and telling me it's going to be ok.

And thank you to my husband, who could have really been upset with me, but instead hugged me tight and then got down on his knees to help me scrub. He's so much better than me. In all honesty, if it was the other way around, I would not have handled it the way he did. He is a good man.

So what happened? Thanks to Google we used a combination of windex, shaving cream, hairspray and vinegar and got most of it out. It's still there and you can tell on the carpet where we having been scrubbing...but I'm amazed at the difference.

Praise the Lord.

Comments

notes of em said…
you do have a good man.
he loves you, not your house, the most.
so glad its coming out!

Popular Posts