prayers are not forgotten
Me and Andy are reading Preparing for Jesus, by Walter Wangerin Jr. It is similar to a devotional book for the Christmas Season...but goes a little deeper. We each have a copy of the book. I've had it for years. I think Andy has read it for the past few years and each year it sits on the bookshelf...untouched by me.
But this year that will change. We are reading this together as a family. Even with the boys. Even with Boone all over the place. Even with Wyatt whispering things in our ears to try and be quiet but still wanting our attention...we are doing this as a family. We made our dining room into a "sitting room" in which we call the "Nook" {ha ha}. It has a couch and lamps and it's cozy. It's fun to sit and drink coffee there or read or talk. And that is where we are reading out loud, anticipating Jesus and praying our boys will somehow in their small age soak it in. This may just be a start to a new family tradition.
With this...I can't help but not share with those who may read this blog. So here and there I am going to write what speaks to my heart.
I hope you are as encouraged as I am. And I hope during the craziness of the season I/we can be still and reflect on why we are celebrating Christmas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And you, my friend-you thought your older prayers had gone unanswered (because we live always in the particular present, forgetting the past, unknowing the future).
But this year that will change. We are reading this together as a family. Even with the boys. Even with Boone all over the place. Even with Wyatt whispering things in our ears to try and be quiet but still wanting our attention...we are doing this as a family. We made our dining room into a "sitting room" in which we call the "Nook" {ha ha}. It has a couch and lamps and it's cozy. It's fun to sit and drink coffee there or read or talk. And that is where we are reading out loud, anticipating Jesus and praying our boys will somehow in their small age soak it in. This may just be a start to a new family tradition.
With this...I can't help but not share with those who may read this blog. So here and there I am going to write what speaks to my heart.
I hope you are as encouraged as I am. And I hope during the craziness of the season I/we can be still and reflect on why we are celebrating Christmas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"God does not forget our prayers. It is in the fullness of time that he answers them.
And you, my friend-you thought your older prayers had gone unanswered (because we live always in the particular present, forgetting the past, unknowing the future).
And you thought your personal praying had nothing to do with anyone besides yourself and a handful of intimate folk (because our own vision is confined to a particular space, place, community).
But your prayer is never yours alone. It is also God's, you know."
Comments