home decor, the cheap and easy way
I am starting to get in my “crafty” mode again. Don’t look at the mess, but I just hung this up in Wyatt’s room over the weekend. All you do is get some twine, push pins or nails, and some small clothes pins {I got mine in the craft section at Walmart…a small bag for $1.50ish}. Wyatt brings home things he makes at school twice a week and I wanted a fun place to display them. It’s easy to rotate out, they don’t get destroyed, would be fun in a playroom, and you could do something similar to this with Christmas cards!
I love love love Country Living magazine. They have awesome ideas for home decor. This was a combination of an idea in the magazine and I probably saw it somewhere else. Use the twine again and I nailed two small nails into the frame of our old window, then used large paper clips and there you go. Again…Christmas cards!!!
I read the Nesting Place {on the side bar of my blog} and the “Nester” has inexpensive, fun decorating tips. She always says it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful…oooh I heart that.
I wanted something cute for our front porch but just wanted to use what we had around the house. Saturday we chopped down our Christmas Tree and so here are some of the leftover branches…I think they sort of look like mini Christmas Trees. Note the ribbon is a little off and the flower pot below has something growing on it…but it all adds character.
I don’t have the heart to throw away these perfectly round, orange pumpkins….so they may be left up through the season. :)
Comments