“donkey donkey with your precious load”

DSC_0017

Yesterday Wyatt had his school Nativity Pageant. I think was the highlight of my year. I can’t begin to tell you how proud I was, we were, of Wyatt. Here he is passing out programs to his guests: Momma, Daddy, Boone, Grandmother, Grandad, and Papaw!

 DSC_0027

When Wyatt gets embarrassed he tends to put his head down {sorry Helen for the ears in your face ha!} and we always tell him to pick his head up. It was hard to watch him do this and not be able to say it’s ok…pick your head up buddy.

 DSC_0030

But then- he did. Look at sweet Helen’s smile.

DSC_0049

I can’t resist those little hands. At home Wyatt seems so big to me. So much older. But watching him up on the stage, he seemed so little. I often too quickly wish days away. Wish he was older. Wish he didn’t throw tantrums. Wish he would listen to me. But I know I will blink my eyes and he will be 16 and I’ll be wishing I still had days like this….Wyatt playing a donkey…singing songs about sweet baby Jesus.

 

  DSC_0062DSC_0070DSC_0050

Love the yawn and the rubbing of the eyes. He was either tired or possibly bored or maybe both. But so stinkin’ cute.

DSC_0071 

This is the part where they are whispering “I love you Baby Jesus.”

DSC_0078

At the end, each child held the microphone and said their name and what role they played. I had no clue if Wyatt was going to say anything at all or who knows what he might do…but he did great. “I played a donkey and my name is Wyatt.”

DSC_0087 (2) 

They took a bow…over and over. And all the parents stood and clapped and cried and laughed and were so proud of their child. It was beautiful.

DSC_0109 (4)

Comments

notes of em said…
that IS beautiful, such sweet hearts they have, "child like faith" is right before our eyes.
love that boy and his big old donkey ears.

Popular Posts