wyatt’s birthday weekend!
Ok, this is a mega post-FYI.
Saturday morning we surprised Wyatt with Dunkin’ Donut Holes…..oh to the yum yum yum. He was sooooo excited because he’s all about a breakfast that involves sugar.
We had planned on going to the mountains for a little hike/adventure, but since Boone has had the “nasty” we thought it best to keep him indoors in hopes that he would not be as snotty for Wyatt’s bday party on Sunday. So Andy took Wyatt to a place near home for a birthday hike. I think this is going to become a tradition. He loved it. Andy took this sweet picture of our birthday boy.
That afternoon me and my buddy went for an ICEE run. These are always a treat and something special that he and I do together from time to time.
Wyatt couldn’t wait for that night because we had given him the option to go out to eat for his birthday but he told us he wanted to stay home and eat outside. That sounded great to us. So what did we fix…some of his favorites…we roasted hot dogs on our outdoor fireplace, Andy made his famous baked beans and baked apples. We are all about some good ole’ southern cookin’.
We opened the rest of his birthday presents and then…..
the roasting of the marshmallows and s’more making began.
Burnt….just the way I like them. It makes them toastier.
By the looks of these pictures you can tell Wyatt liked them, they are all over his face and hands.
Then on Sunday we did a family party for Wyatt. Most of our family lives in town so it was no small gathering. We had 17 people {that’s including kids}, then with us {4}, that makes 21 people at our new home! I don’t know what I was thinking moving and then a week later having a bday party at the new house, but I’m so thankful we did. It was fun for family to get a chance to all be together, celebrate our boy, and see the new place. You can believe that night I crashed by 8:30.
We stuck with the pirate theme for Wyatt’s birthday {as we did for Halloween} and my friend Jennifer V. made this adorable cake!!!
Wyatt had no idea and he loved it. It was SO GOOD!!!
Our buddy sporting his new pj’s from Nana and Papaw. He looks like such stud.
And of course Boone hammed it up for everyone.
Me and Andy and the boys all wore red and black {you know like pirates do}. I found the boys shirts at Walmart for $3. Perfect for a pirate party. And I’m so bummed that we didn’t get a family picture. Why do I always forget to do that?
2 things I learned from this 4th birthday:
1. Next year we will give Wyatt all his presents at once.
I thought it would be fun to spread out his gifts throughout the day, but he didn’t think that was too fun. He probably would have rather had them all at once.
2. We will have his birthday party in the mid-morning/early afternoon.
We had his in the late afternoon and he just couldn’t handle waiting. He asked every 15 minutes when his party was going to be.
It was a fun, hard-working, grateful weekend.
We are so thankful to have Wyatt and to celebrate him!
Comments
i really want to eat a smore now.
the montage of W eating his is priceless.
and WOAAAAA what a cake!
i cant wait to eat some