well...we made it

Are you wondering what happened? Wondering if there are any black eyes or bruised knuckles...I'M TOTALLY JOKING. Oh where to begin.  Well, we are in our new home! Yay! I am sitting on the floor in our room surrounded by bags and boxes. We were able to find clothes and ALL go to church this morning! Yay! The first time in a month we have all been able to be at church together and that was a glorious feeling. We had to all take baths because I can't find the shower hooks to hang up our shower curtains..ha ha. I even cooked breakfast and made coffee...yum.

So what's the story.

Well...we ended up giving them the money towards a professional painter. We also went to our closing with a new, fresh, 5 gallon bucket of paint. It was really a lose-lose situation. Andy met our friend Mike, a professional painter at the house at 7:30 that morning to get an estimate. And you know what...they wanted their professional painter. And really I'm just thankful to be done with it. I said so many things in my mind that morning. I said so many things to Andy in the car on the way there. I just got it all out of my system.

We went in to close and we were all in the same room. Awkward. I could not say a thing. Seriously. I did not speak unless I was spoken to. I prayed on the way there that the Lord would just hold my tongue. And that He did. There was never a thank you for the paint {or extra money}. They seemed very happy. They would only speak to Andy. And my husband. I can't say enough about him. He was cool, calm, and collective. And...kind.  I love how God does that. I'm thankful we are not exactly alike. I'm thankful Andy is strong where I am weak. That is one of the things that attracted me so much to him...was his kindness for other people. We were both so upset, so hurt, yadayadayada...but when it came down to face to face...he was such a man of integrity.

So what's done is done.

We closed on our new home at 4:30 that afternoon...and did not leave until 6:30. 2 hours! This was the third time we have done this together {Andy's 4th}...and I pray that is the last time for a long...long....long time.

God is so very good. We came to our closing {for the new house} with our check in hand...and ended up leaving with a check made out to us. They had overestimated some of the fees. What?! I know. God is so faithful. I would say forget the first story...but that was just part of the plan....the first story is the precursor.  We have to have the first story to show God's sovereignty and faithfulness..and to bring glory to the Father.

Thank you to my dear friends who texted, facebooked, left comments, and called. Your messages were just what we/I needed. And some really made me laugh. And above all thank you for your prayers...we felt very covered in prayer on Friday.

I've got lots of pictures, lots of posts to share. Lots of catching up....so get ready. Yee haw!

Comments

Katherine said…
Great story...I teared up hearing about God's faitfulness.

Popular Posts