Well, I'm just going to say it...I'm pissed.
I couldn't even think of a title for this post because my mind is blurred with frustration, sadness, anger, and have felt my family has completely been taken advantage of. Now, yes, things could be worse, a lot worse, but I need to vent...some I'm just going to vent.
One thing to note before I vent is that I am on my parents computer..and they are on dial-up...and so I've been waiting awhile just to get to my blog, so I can blog. That's kind of funny to me. I love my parents, I don't know what we would have done without them this week. They have kept our kids and fixed meals...or I should say feasts. My mom is the bomb. Seriously, she is.
So why I am so mad....the house situation. I'm so sick of talking about this, thinking about this, worrying about this. But now it's not so much the "new house" it's the "old house". We thought we were set to go. We got everything done today. It's all out. It's all completely cleaned. It's all patched up and painted over. BEEEEEEEEP.
I'll stop there.
Andy and I had intended on patching up the walls for the buyers where we had things hung...just to leave the house looking nice. They had asked a while back if we would be willing to do that and we said we would. However we should have gotten their opinion of what was satisfactory because obviously what we did was not satisfactory. They have asked us to repaint all the walls.
All the walls.
ALL the walls.
Or they will not close tomorrow. Which we are scheduled to close with them at 10am and our new home that afternoon. 
This is where I get ticked.
Andy took his time and did a wonderful job. When you do touch-ups they are going to be somewhat noticeable unless you repaint the entire wall. This is where we should have had something on paper...and we didn't.
I could understand if it was something more serious...like the roof or the heating and air...but this is paint. And...this is not a new home. We did what we said we were going to do. We did what they asked us to do. Now...it's unsatisfactory.
We are trying {at 8pm at night}to come to some agreement. They are not at all willing to negoiate. We even tried providing them the paint...buying new, fresh paint...but they didn't want it. So what is all this worth? What is it worth to you? Would you walk away, stand your ground...move all your stuff back in or do you swallow your pride and fork out the money because what they want is someone to professionaly do it. I almost puked writing that because they are trying to soak us for every penny we have. And the realtor...oh I can't even get started. I can't.
My poor husband is worn out. He is trying to work out all our junk with these people while at the same time prepare for 100 high school kids to come to Barn Party tonight. My kids are jacked up. Wyatt does terrible with transistion so he's confused, upset, and has told me he just wants to go home. Boone has woken up at 5:00 am every day this week. Wide awake. And yes, I've tried keeping him up later and it doesn't work. We are exhausted emotionally and physically. I laid down with Wyatt last night at 8:00 and woke up in my normal clothes. That's how tired I am.
I have a lot of doubts. A lot of questions. A lot of maybe's. This entire selling, buying, moving thing was wonderful. We were so excited...beyond excited. And in the last two weeks that excitement has continued to dwindle...spiral down...and down. I'm trying to find God's plan in all this. I know He has a good and perfect plan...I know He does.

I guess this is going to work out. We'll find out tomorrow.

But...I can't nor do I want to go through this process again.

Not sure when I'll be on here again. I have some fun pictures to share but on this computer it would take me an hour.

Comments

Angie Jenkins said…
Selling,Moving it's not for the weak! When Eddie talks of selling our home I get very nervous. It has been 15 years since we moved last and I still haven't forgotten. It rained the whole time. I only had 3 days off work. I also cleaned the old house like crazy and the new owners were standing on the front porch with their boxes as we were finishing up moving,cleaning. It does not bring out the best in the human race. Deep breath! Hang in there. Thank God for your great parents. I want to be there for my Hannah someday. Love Ya
Angie J
Katherine said…
Oh, Olivia! I'll be praying.
notes of em said…
ok, Id be calling you but I think you dont need the distraction.
I am PRAYING FOR YOU and ANDY, and the first time home buyers who dont even know what they are doing.
love you

Popular Posts