those who play hard, go to bed hard

I love starting blog posts with oh my goodness…because there’s usually a good story.

Oh my goodness…my child, my child.

Yes, do you see the peppermint pattie…my mother LOVES them. I have never known my mom to not have these in our house growing up, in her purse, in the car, etc. She always has them on hand and guess who else loves them? Yep, Andrew Wyatt. Loves them.

See full size image

I had to run out real quick this evening before Andy left for YL club. He was watching the boys and when I got home it was very quiet. Weird quiet. He’s getting ready and Boone is with him and I asked where Wyatt was.

He proceeds to tell me that Wyatt is in his room, possibly asleep.

My mom had kept the boys for a few hours yesterday and had left Wyatt a “chocolate mint” for later. He wanted it this morning but I told him he would have to wait until after school. We had forgotten I said that b/c at 5:00 he was trying to get Andy to let him have it. Andy had told him no not now, but after dinner.

Well, Mr. Wyatt decided to disobey.

Andy found he and Boone underneath the dining room table shoveling it into his mouth {his, not Boone’s…he wouldn’t think of sharing a peppermint pattie}.

Andy then told him to go to his room…where he got into bed and fell asleep.

Please note the picture.

DSC_0237 

I about lost it. I needed a good laugh like this. I mean look at the chocolate all over his mouth!

The time was 5:15. So do I wake him or not? Hmmmmm. I go in to wipe the chocolate off his mouth and he wakes up just a little bit for me to find the WRAPPER in his mouth!!!! I was a little freaked out thinking what if he had choked on it. There were also little pieces of foil in his mouth! Eeek! I’m hoping I got them all out, but not sure.

So I’m taking my chances and letting him sleep. We’ll see how the night progresses. ????

 

And don’t these pictures of Lilly {aka, the beast} make you feel all warm and fuzzy…like you want to have her as your own?

 

DSC_0003 DSC_0006

So if anyone out there is interested in this sweet dog being a part of your family just leave me a comment.

Or maybe you just want her to come visit your house for a few weeks or months…just leave a comment.

{totally serious about Lillybug.}

We are still in the packing up phase. Moving out in a couple days and as far as we know we are closing on our new home next Friday. Prayers are greatly appreciated this has been a little bit of a stressful situation, but we know God is always faithful.

Comments

Angie Jenkins said…
My kind of man. Loves chocolate and naps!
Katherine said…
That's funny and scary at the same time!
Katie said…
olivia! oh my goodness is right! on several accounts... eating the chocolate, eating the wrapper and falling asleep at 5:15 in the afternoon! i was dying reading this. showed it to jon. he loved it too, of course! we are praying for you today. big day for the ogle family. praying boone is ok too! love you!

Popular Posts