oatmeal cookies

DSC_0159

I would like to say these are healthy because they are oatmeal…but they’re not. I mean how can 2 sticks of butter and a cup of sugar be healthy?  I found this recipe and decided to give it a try because it was simple and easy and I’m all about simple and easy. It was fun to make with Wyatt and although it didn’t call for chocolate chips we threw some in.

It’s going to start getting cooler around these neck of the woods and now it will soon be that time of year that I start eating to stay warm.

I got on the scale and lost 15 pounds….I was so excited- and then I woke up, it was just a dream. Boo hiss. I still have not lost the last of my baby weight from having Boone…over a year ago. More boo hiss. I don’t know what my deal is b/c I have NO motivation to exercise. None. Notta. Zero. Zilch. This is not really like me. I have loved to walk and run ever since Wyatt was born, I even walked through my pregnancy with Boone {which didn’t make a difference I still gained the same amount I did with Wyatt…I’m not afraid to admit…40 ellle beee’s}. Since then I’ve had small bursts of energy to exercise and then they fizzle. I don’t know if it’s just the time in my life right now…just trying to make it through each day with two little ones…but I’ll get there some day. In the meantime I will just enjoy these cookies and tell myself I’m burning calories by keeping up with the buckaroos.

The recipe:

1 cup (2 sticks) margarine, softened {I did use margarine but butter would probably be fine and taste better.}

2 cups oats

1 cup sugar

1 cup self-rising flour

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine the ingredients and mix well. Drop by the spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

Makes 24ish

Comments

Popular Posts