grumpy to grateful

I start to realize the beauty of life when I’m grumpy and feel the need to write things down….so that’s what I’m going to do.

I think being a mother is the hardest job in the world. Period. Whether you are a working mother or a stay-at-home mother.  It’s freaking hard. Period.

I am a little stressed about our move. Not completely overwhelmed…and it’s not a packing thing {and a huge thank you to my dear friends who have offered to help}, it’s just stressful. I am not a person who deals well with change, neither is my oldest son, and so just the transition itself is a big deal to me. In fact I’m a little emotional over it. We are beyond excited about our new home, but it’s just saying bye to the old home that is hard in the moment. I think it’s crazy that Wyatt was 15 months when we moved here and started taking his first steps in this home, now Boone is about to turn 15 months and has started taking his first steps in this home. Just a wee bit teary.

I miss my hubs. We/he has had an incredibly busy month and it doesn’t look to slow down any time soon. He is working his tail off with his school work….which praise the Lord he’s done with Math-the heavens are rejoicing with me/us. Most nights he doesn’t come to bed before 12 then he’s usually gone before 7am. Some nights he’s getting 4 hours of sleep..that is not so good for your body.

Wyatt has been getting up at 6-6:15 consistently for a week now. In case you out there reading this blog wonder how that makes me feel….well it puts me in a very very bad mood. Terrible way to start the day actually. Now I have two kids up at the crack of dawn every morning. This is not like W, he usually sleeps till 7 or 730. I really think it’s the move to another home and packing up that is causing him to be so restless. I need to be praying every morning before my feet hit the floor that God would give me a kind spirit.

Ok… now… I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for 2 healthy children and for a husband who loves me even at my utmost worst. I am grateful for having a roof over our head every night and that we have shelter. I am grateful for the food we have in our kitchen, even if that means cereal for dinner some nights. I am grateful for friends who support and pray for me and my family. I am thankful for my camera that lets me be creative and is giving me vision for the future. I am grateful for my reliable car. I am grateful for Wyatt’s school, that he oh so loves going to twice a week. I am grateful for Andy’s job, his calling in life. I am grateful for his income and for the Lord’s provision for our family every month. I am thankful for my life, for the blessings the Lord has given me. For being a daughter of the King and for the Father’s unconditional love-for me.

DSC_0403

I took this picture last month. It was pouring down rain but the sun was still shining, still there.

I took this picture last month. It was pouring down rain but the SON was still shining, still there.

Comments

Popular Posts