bookworm

Did you read a lot to your first born child?

We did. A lot. And I’m glad we did. Wyatt loves books and most nights it’s part of his bedtime routine, it has been since he was a newborn. Over the past couple weeks there have been a few times he has wanted to “read” on his own and put himself to bed. I kind of like that thought but not really. That is usually the only time Wyatt will sort of snuggle and it’s nice to wind down the day and read a book or two or three together.

Did you…do you read a lot to your second child, third, fourth?

We don’t. But need to. Poor Boone has gotten the shaft with books. Honestly I don’t know why. It just has not ever been a part of his bedtime routine. Not that we can’t read during the day…we just haven’t really. Shame on us. He has really been so entertained by his books lately that I sit him on the floor with a basket of books and when he will be still which is not very often he will look through each one. It’s really so cute.

DSC_0046  DSC_0053  DSC_0054

So I am now trying to each day just read out loud to both of them whether it’s a book for Wyatt or a book for Boone, whether they will sit in my lap, on the couch, on the floor, or near me {even while playing}…I am going to do my best to make that a priority for the day.

 DSC_0060

  DSC_0061   DSC_0062

And to put my laundry away when it’s nice and clean and folded.

Comments

Katie said…
You are NOT alone! I hardly ever read to Hope either. Read to Annie all the time... all-the-time. Annie loves to read as well, loves to pretend read to herself, loves us to read to her. Hope, as laid back as she is, does not like to sit in my lap and look at a book. I think it is because I didn't read to hear earlier... makes me feel like a real winner of a mom. I want to make reading to Hope a priority too. I'll be your accountability partner! :)

Popular Posts