Young Life Mudfest 2009

And here’s where I was last night….

DSC_0116(4)

along with around 160 high school folks from our area! And this picture does not even show everyone who was there. Oh what a blast! I’m a little embarrassed to say this…but this was the 6th year they have done Mudfest and my first time to go. I think each year it’s just gotten past me…it’s always around  bedtime and I’ve just never gotten a babysitter, I’m not sure why. We have been out of town for a few days and just got back in town yesterday afternoon and my precious mom came and kept the boys so I could go. Wyatt would have LOVED being there…and in the mud…and momma didn’t want to be trying to keep up with him.

DSC_0004  DSC_0005

Thanks to our good friend Bumble and his dad…they came and dug up the field…which belongs to our friends Jim and Andrea who serve on our committee…so a huge thanks to them for letting their field be used to show kids Jesus! And the fire department for making the dirt-mud….couldn’t have done it without all these people.

DSC_0008 DSC_0017 DSC_0001

Andy’s jeep getting a rinse. Guys and girls changing rooms. Young Life-this way.

DSC_0016 DSC_0006 DSC_0028

 DSC_0031

Let the games begin.

 DSC_0066 

DSC_0077 DSC_0083 DSC_0090 DSC_0128 DSC_0119 DSC_0100 DSC_0127 DSC_0093

Leaders and kids get their throw away clothes on for a night full of loud music, relays, tug-o-war, leap frog, and just slinging mud around. It’s a a new school year, new leaders, new staff, and new high school folks. Mudfest is a not so ordinary way to introduce Young Life. For some it was their first time, for others their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time. For some the mud covers up hurt…and pain…for others it’s fear…and insecurity. Young Life Leaders cover up with them. They put on the mud and stand side by side with their high school friends….cheering them on, giving high 5’s and hugs, earning the right to be heard….showing them Jesus.

Comments

notes of em said…
this is a beautiful thing my friend.
Katherine said…
Oh, WOW, that is awesome! I would have to say that one of my favorite YL memories from highschool was an impromptu mud fight at camp. I know that these kids had an amazing time.

Popular Posts