school and flu

DSC_0416 Isn’t this kid so cute? I mean really, I love that little round face and those eyes that smile. Thankfully with the crazy morning/day we have had, he’s been in a great mood. This picture was suppose to be of Wyatt’s first day of school. He was ready to go at 6:50 this morning. Ready to eat his breakfast and put on his clothes. Ready to carry his lunchbox and backpack. Andy stayed home with Boone because our little man has been running a high fever. I took Wyatt to school {mother’s day out} and come to find out-he’s the only boy in a classroom full of girls. Seriously. I thought I was going to cry right there in the classroom. Part of him going to school is to make new friends and play with boys. I just couldn’t believe it. How could he be the only boy? After leaving, calling Andy, crying, trying to figure out what to do, we decided to take him out of that school. {big bummer} I went to another local church and put his name on the waiting list. I go back and pick up Wyatt not sure if he was going to be happy or upset to see me. The teacher said he kept asking where all the boys were….yep that’s enough confirmation for me. There is another church near by that has a spot and we are going to check it out tomorrow {to make sure there are boys in the class}and pray that something will work out. He’s had a great attitude today, asked a lot of questions about school, and been totally confused I’m sure. {And a HUGE thank you to my mom who picked up Wyatt this afternoon and who is making him his favorite food: corn on the cob!}

So then I take Boone to the doctor since his fever has been going for 24 hours. He didn’t sleep last night and I didn’t sleep last night. We have been exposed to the swine flu and regular flu at camp. I’m pretty sure that I had the flu a few weeks back and I’m pretty positive this is what Andy has had…so sure enough Boone tests positive for the flu. His little body was holding a 103.1 fever. They don’t have the testing for the H1N1 but they treat them the same….so I picked up his Tamiflu on our way home. Please pray for his health, that the Lord would relieve him of his fever and quickly restore our little guy. I’m praying for the Lord’s protection and healing.

I’m going straight to truth:  “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

Comments

Katherine said…
Oh, Olivia. I feel your pain about that dang flu. I'll be praying for Boone (and Wyatt since he's been exposed as well). That's funny and sad about Boone's class. I hope the other school works out better for him.

Popular Posts