Is God telling me I need to mop my floors?
What a day. I am in a bummer mood. Yea, it’s one of those posts where I “vent” and complain and it’s kind of depressing. This morning coffee was spilled all over the carpet and couch…thankfully no babies were burned. This evening a very large cup of freshly poured diet coke was knocked off the counter on to the kitchen floor…by little hands reaching. Tonight, I took Boone’s diaper off too soon before his bath and he peed all over the bathroom floor.
My baby has had a fever today. And that makes me sad. And that makes me worry. We were surrounded by the swine flu at camp. Yes, the swine flu. With Andy now on the mend after being sick a week, I’m worried Boone has picked up the “nasty” that Andy had. When will my family have a month of not running fevers? So my mind swirls in a million directions and I have to tell it to stop. I have to listen to the Lord and what He tells me is true. Boone is loved. I am loved. Andy is loved. And Wyatt is loved….by the Father. And fear is not from the Lord.
It’s back to cooking and cleaning. {Oh I am forever grateful for a 3 week break.} Back to mail piling up and toys and clothes too. Back to my disorganized house that fell apart after I had Boone. Back to mowing the lawn and recycling. {ha ha}. Back to soon-to-be busy nights for Andy and a constantly insane schedule.
I miss going downstairs and having my coffee with friends and Wyatt playing with his friends. I am not good at playing. Honestly, I’m not. I miss stepping outside and there always being something to do and somewhere to go explore. I miss the trees. That makes me sad.
But in all of this feeling-sorry-for-myself-post….Wyatt starts school tomorrow. {sigh}. Mother’s day out begins and my buddy is super excited. He has his pencil box and can of pears ready for tomorrow. Yes, they told me he needed a pencil box and they are making a fruit salad tomorrow and for W to bring a can of pears. So funny.
I just need to sit and type and dwell. As my dad always said," this too shall pass”.
“on the hillside you will be delivered, at the foot of the cross justified, and your spirit restored by the river that poured from our blessed savior’s side.” –beautiful scandalous night
{happier posts coming to this blog near you.}
Comments
It's ok to vent and it's ok to have a yuky day! When things pilled up like that when Hannah was little I would play a motivation game with myself!(What ever it takes) I would pick the 3 top I hate to do jobs. Mine is and was laundry,bills,grocries. Then I would get up a little early before Hannah and go at it like someone was coming! I would make a goal to be finished by lunch except the grocries and then we would do nothing on the house the rest of the day. That was also the day I bought the deli cooked whole chicken for dinner. It was a motivation game I played often because I was really bad about getting to the end of the day and nothing was done and I still was dealing with laundry @bed time.
I understand the not being a good player. Eddie I was @ Cove park yesterday and I saw a mom with her kids at the swing and I could remember that I just didn't like that part of the mothering. I am not sure why. I think it bulids good social skills in the children when they are forced to seek out our kids to play with at the play ground. That sounds good doesn't it. I hope Boone and Andy recover quickly. Love ya'll
Angie Jenkins