7 years of marriage

Today, 7 years ago, I married my best friend. DSC_0269 

I am really excited about this anniversary. I don’t know what it is about it being 7 years, maybe because we are just 3 years from being married 10 years. Who knows but I’ve really been looking forward to it. We have celebrated 5 out of 7 anniversaries at YL camp and we love it. We go to a fun restaurant for either breakfast or lunch and then get each other something from the camp store {that takes the pressure off getting each other something before we leave for camp and all that jazz} and we have made that a tradition since our first anniversary.

This is where we ate lunch today. Oh my goodness so good. I had a vegetable panini sandwich, Andy had the bbq chicken panini sandwich…and we didn’t eat dinner tonight because we were so stuffed from lunch.

DSC_0365(2)

DSC_0358(2)

DSC_0363 DSC_0362

His and Hers desserts: red velvet cupcake and carrot cake.

 

I love you Andy. I will never forget when you told me you wanted to marry me, that you wanted me to be your wife. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for the sweet way you love me and care for me. I am beyond blessed to be on this journey with you.

Who knew what the Lord was doing when he crossed our paths at 14 and 15 years old. {sigh}

God is so good.

Comments

Kayce said…
Oh my GOODNESS I have looked at that black & white picture for 10 minutes now trying to figure out what it is....I NEED HELP! What is that? It is like one of those brain teezers at a wonky science museum or something and I just can't crack the code. It's driving me nuts! (I haven't had nearly enough coffee this morning to even be operating a computer)..
Love you guys and happy anniversary! I was excited about 7, too! I think because of all the hype about the "7 year itch" or whatever they say. We've made it! :)
<3,
Kayce
Glad that you guys had a happy anniversary! Besides your week of sickness....it sounds and looks like you guys have had a great time at Windy Gap! Enjoy your last week! We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
marla said…
Happy anniversary sweet friends!!! Yea for his and hers desserts and an awesome lunch!! Glad u got a little bit of time together. Know that we are praying for u and the staff and for your energy/strength We also pray that u would experience an outpouring of His Spirit all over camp and that the minds and hearts of these kids would be openned to the awesome good news that your sweet feet are bringing to them!
I also had difficulty w/the B&W btw. Is it a little statue of birds? i am also a little distracted as Lydia is taking all of the pens out of my desk and dropping them on the floor. ha! awesome pics. Love u guys!
notes of em said…
i know it wasnt apple cake tea room, but that looks and sounds like a fantastic meal!
happy anniversary sweet friends.
How funny and great that you've known each other for as long as you have.
Ive been praying for you sister, for your marriage to be lifted high and given an extra tank of emotional gas while at camp, I know it can be rough, but I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.
you are loving your family fully and without any boundaries.
Praise the Lord for you!
I count myself blessed to know you. love you

Popular Posts