somewhat normal and tableau
Well, I am back. Sort of. Just wanted to write in since it was Saturday that I last posted. Things got pretty bad for me health wise on Saturday night where I began running a high fever of 103 then consistently at 102.5! It was awful. I had chills and aches everywhere. I could never really get warm even though my body was scorching hot. Andy tried to bring me back home and load up the boys at 9:30 at night. He is my knight and shining armor. He cared for me so well. I just couldn’t move. I didn’t think I could make the car ride back home-I was in misery. So in the middle of the night my fever broke, thank the Lord. I woke up feeling better but still not my best. Wyatt would run a fever off and on and then he felt awful Sunday evening. At 730 pm we decided I would take the boys back home and we would stay with my parents for a couple of day until we felt better. We needed rest. I needed rest and help with the boys. It was SO hard to leave. I cried leaving Windy Gap even though I knew I would be coming back soon. It just felt weird to leave but it was also the best decision we made. I had been in our room for 3 days. Yes, 3 days in our room. The flu has been very bad at camps this year. When living in close quarters with many people someone is bound to get sick, it just happens. We spent two nights with my mom and dad and then came back yesterday evening. I am feeling good except for this horrible headache. It woke me up last night at 2 am and has been going on ever since. I can’t begin to describe the pressure in my head, it’s painful. I am hoping the Sudafed and Ibuprofen will continue to help even though it says not to take more than 4 does in 24 hours.
The post below is from last week I just never got around to sharing it but I hope you enjoy.
***************************************
I love how Young Life has a purpose and a reason behind EVERYTHING they do.
Tableau is so so so much fun. Campers dress up in western outfits, have an outdoor meal of very delicious fried food, go to a carnival, eat cotton candy, snow cones, play games, then end the night with square dancing. But before all that begins they hear about sin. Their sin. Our sin. Sin.
Tableau night allows kids to be kids. They get to dress up. Laugh. Play. Be teenagers and have fun. Good, clean, pure, fun. Andy said it this way…that after hearing about their sin ”tableau night allows kids to dress their wounds…”
These are some pictures are of our Work Crew (high school) and Summer Staff (college) who are serving with us all month. Before campers come out of the clubroom there is a tableau set up. Tableau means “living picture”…so when campers come outside they are told to be very quiet. They walk around the tableau. All the people in the tableau are as still and quiet as they can be. Then a very loud gun shot goes off and the tableau comes to life. There is dancing, fighting, a school class, Indians, people fishing, people playing cards, prisoners ( I love the above picture), a couple getting married, and on and on. Then another shot and the tableau is still. Campers look around, get ideas, go back in to their cabins and change. Then the night that never ends-begins. God is still at work. Changing minds. Changing hearts. Changing lives.
Comments