aches and pains
An Update:
This sucks. Yes, I said it. There is no other word to describe it. This sucks. Since being in my room ALL DAY I went to the Walmart to get some soup for tonight. Just a quick outing to take in some fresh air. On my very quick trip back I was craving a diet coke. My favorite is diet coke over ice....oh so yum. I pull into the McDonalds where the line never moved for eternity so I went to the Bojangles next door. I order my large diet coke and pay almost $2.00 for it, but to me to have the diet coke over ice was worth it. I take a sip and what is it....diet pepsi. Gross! Gross gross gross. Just not what my taste buds so desperately were expecting. I thought about saying something to the cashier...like is this diet pepsi...in a very confused way. Why didn't she say is diet pepsi ok? Where I would have in turned moved on and gone to wait in line at McDonalds. Sorry people. I am in a bad mood. Wyatt had a fever this afternoon and I gave him Motrin which seemed to help but I think it's just masking whatever he has. So we will probably be in our room for another couple days. Please pray for sanity. I don't have much left.
I am feeling cruddy today. It actually started yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night with an awful headache and back pain. It really never got better and later that afternoon I was so exhausted it was hard to walk around camp. I just wasn’t myself. We took my temperature and I had a fever. It breaks and then comes back and then breaks and then comes back. Let me just say it is absolutely no fun to be at camp and stuck in a room all day and also not be able to care for your kids. Everyone has been so gracious to help us out with the boys and Andy is trying to work his schedule to be able to help. I have no other symptoms. No runny nose or congestion or sore throat…so I hope and pray this is over by tomorrow. Wyatt told me this morning that his back hurt. Please pray he does not get sick. Boone is on antibiotics for his ear so I am hoping that will keep him protected. Please also pray for Andy that the Lord would protect his health so he is able to do his job. Let me also say I NEVER get sick. I don’t. I hope in the midst of all this I learn something from the Lord. To depend on Him. To trust his healing power. I feel like I am missing out on so much. I love the people we are here with and it’s a bummer to not be around them and to not be in camp. The Summer Staff and Work Crew are studying the book of Mark this month. They gave the camp spouses the same study. I was praying this morning that the Lord would heal me quickly and restore my health and strength. To also protect the health of my family. Then I opened up the study to find this-today’s verse in Mark:
“Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” Mark 5:34
I dropped my jaw. I felt this was the Lord speaking to me and answering. I am now just waiting on His timing. I am so grateful to be a daughter of the King. To be loved by the Father.
Comments
If your back is hurting & you have a fever, it could be a bladder/kidney infection...Just be aware! I pray for a speeedy recovery for you and wish you rest!
i know it sucks. and that is what it is sucky.
dont sugar coat it.
love you