neighborhood block party


Last night we had our First Annual Neighborhood Block Party.
We have lived in our neighborhood now for a little over 2 years...we were the first ones here...it's still a work in progress. And no one knows any one. Andy and I have always wanted to do a cookout to try to get to know people better and one of our neighbors really got the ball rolling. He made flyers and went to each house to invite everyone to the "block party". About an hour before it started I thought we were having down at their house, but it was at our house. We have a nice level yard so it worked out perfectly. Andy was in charge of the hotdogs...he was the grillmaster....and then each family brought a side dish. I was thinking maybe 2-3 families would show up but it was more like 10!!! This picture does not do itself justice...it was taken in the beginning when not everyone was there. I thought I would have taken more pictures but  I was meeting new people and that was worth so much more than being behind my camera the whole time. There were two little girls Wyatt's age and they all had a BLAST. What I loved is that people didn't eat and leave, they stayed.  They talked, laughed and enjoyed a night with neighbors...new friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts