the jeep, a date, and my hair

Every Sunday afternoon from 2-4 Andy plays Ultimate Frisbee with YL leaders, kids, and friends from around town. So while one baby naps {the other does not b/c he will be up till 10pm}...I will blog.

The other night we went to see UP and it was really good. I am not going to say anything about it because I don't want to spoil it...except I don't think it's a movie I would let Wyatt see at the moment...some parts would be a little too much for him to handle....and bring kleenex.

It was a last minute date and one of the YL girls came to keep W and B. Wyatt loves babysitters-seriously.

We decided to take "the jeep"...yes Andy's beloved jeep that every time you ride in it you smell like exhaust. The jeep that Wyatt goes cuckoo over to ride in around town. The jeep that I can hear inside my house and know that Andy is pulling in the neighborhood.

So I thought why not. Let's take one for the team. Who cares about my hair and that it will look like a birds nest by the time I get out. And I knew Andy would love that I would be willing to ride in the jeep with him.

We get in and off we go...except of course we had to take a picture while my hair still looked decent. The funny thing is I loved it. Really, I did. I felt "cool". I felt much cooler in the jeep than I would have in the mini van. I love the minivan, it is convenient, but I don't feel cool in it..and sometimes I just want to feel cool. Ok enough of that word.

We are almost to the movie theater when I ask Andy if I can drive. Not many people get the privilege of driving the jeep, but I am one of them. :)

I have my entire life driven a straight shift until I got the van. I don't miss it really but there are times I would love to be shifting gears. I remember at 16 my dad telling me "if you can drive a straight shift...you can drive anything"...and that, I believe is true.

Thanks babe for a last minute date, a drive in the jeep, and for coffee at 10:00 at night. I love you!


Hair before-nice and tame. {And I heart this picture of us.}
My hubs driving...the pro.
Hair-becoming out of control.
Shifting gears
Driving and hair up with birds nest in the back...but so much fun!

Comments

Popular Posts