i'm a cheap date

Tonight we did something different with dinner. 

We fed the boys, gave them baths, got them to bed at 7:15!!!!!....and then we sat down to a nice meal by ourselves...with candles. Ha! 

It was like having a date but at home.  I baked some chicken with olive oil and lemon pepper on it, some bow tie pasta, green beans, and baked potatoes. It was pretty delicious I must say {I'm not a good cook, really}.


Then we had us some strawberry shortcakes....simple and cheap....and oh so yummy.


Then my favorite of all favorite things to do with Andy....we drank coffee together. Yes, this is my favorite coffee mug, given to me by mother many years ago...definitely a Peggy gift if you know my mom.


After our dinner and dessert we have been sitting around the kitchen table, Andy doing school work {he's in college ya know} and me doing some painting, listening to some study music, no TV, and just being thankful for each other. Cheap date, but a good one.





Comments

Popular Posts