fran hawley

Last night Andy and I went to a funeral of a dear woman who served on our YL Committee for a short time. Fran and her husband, Todd Hawley, were on our YL Committee for about 6 months or so until she was diagnosed with cancer. We did not get a chance to really know Fran but in the short amount of time we did we witnessed her deep, strong love for the Lord, and her heart for others to know Christ. The small church in Greenback was packed FULL. We got there right at 7 and as we sat down they were closing the casket. I could see Fran and from my view there was a smile on her face. They have 3 daughters @18, 16, and 14. I literally cried through the entire service thinking about these girls. To be so young and to not have a mother. What was so special about this service was Fran was able to pick and choose what she wanted. What songs, the order they went in, who was to do her service. I was told after the service that Todd knew of some songs, but not all, so to see his face smile when certain songs played, brought even more tears to my eyes. I was also told from one of our YL leaders that Fran wanted a Luau but I guess they didn't go that route. So Tracy, our leader, instead brought lays to give to the girls...so sweet. I know it could have been easy for Fran to be mad or sad or question why the Lord would take her and leave her family, her girls. But honestly I think through her entire battle with cancer she was continually praising the Lord and bringing Him glory. She was showing her girls what it was to love the Lord and to be a godly woman. I pray the Lord will bring them comfort and that His presence is so near that they will feel the breath of God. 

Comments

Andy Ogle said…
This is really sweet. Well put, honey. I love you. Nice writing - see you soon.

Popular Posts