chair makeover







We have had these chairs for about 6 years now and I bought them each at different places...Goodwill, antique store, used furniture....and did not pay much for them. I wanted to each chair to be different...unique. I have recovered them a couple times but in all honesty I have wanted some new chairs. Well that ain't gonna happen. Not now at least. So I started to think spray paint. And that is exactly what happened. This project cost me $4. Each can of spray paint was .97 cents at Walmart. I like to read the Nesting Place blog...she says that things don't have to be perfect to be beautiful....amen sister. So my impatient, instant gratification self did not sand down the chairs or prime them or seal them when done....I just spray painted. Now yes, at some point and possibly soon I will have to touch up and/or seal them...but for now we will just enjoy their makeover.

The fabric is not at all what I wanted but instead of going to buy fabric...I found this in my attic. Might as well use what you got.

I took two before pictures but didn't feel like taking more...I had to get to spray paintin'. I adore how they turned out. I think I might just look at them all day long. :)

Also when spray painting...make sure you are outside...away from children and the house {I'm sure you know that}. Also it took a good 24 hours if not more for these to fully dry.

Comments

kj said…
Great job Olivia! It's always fun to change things that you already have and save $$$. Have a great time at the beach. It was great to pray w/ you last night. Love you and excited about he fall!
Kayce said…
These look awesome! I need chairs so badly, too, but buying new isn't going to happen! I can't believe how expensive chairs are! We have an incredible dining room table, one we bought about 5-6 years ago in Florida from an art gallery made of reclaimed & salvaged bamboo. It is amazing and I need chairs to compliment it but for years we have been using ulgy, gray folding chairs. Yes, you read that right. Hey....they're easy to clean. :)
notes of em said…
they look so great!
and how great is it that it cost you all of $4?
you know Ive had the stuff for the same project for about two months and have not had the time to get to it.
BUT next week is my week, Im sure of it!!!!
thanks for the inspiration.

Popular Posts