isle of palms 2009
Over Memorial Day Weekend I went on a "girls beach trip" to Isle of Palms...near Charleston....and it was one of the best weekends of my life. Seriously. I feel like I came back a better wife and mother. I have to give props to Andy because he kept both boys from Friday to Monday, that in itself made the trip so much more relaxing and less stressful. I didn't have to write down anything, didn't have to pack bags for the boys, didn't have to worry {too much}, I was so confident in Andy and he rocked!
How we all know each other? We were all involved with Campus Crusade in college and went on the "beach project" together. An entire summer spent in Clearwater, Florida, getting a job, growing deeper in our relationship with the Lord, and doing outreach on the beach.

{Mindy, Courtney, Ashley, Me, and Leah}
And what is so beautiful about the friendships is that we pick up right were we left off. Some of our other friends were not able to make it this year and they were dearly missed but we are hoping to make this a yearly trip. So watch out IOP 2010!
On Saturday morning I woke up with my abs sore from laughing so much the day before...I kid you not. Laughter is such a great workout. We only went to the beach on Saturday and then Sunday it rained all day until about 3:00. At that point we changed out of our pajamas and went for a long walk and then dinner that night. The fun thing is there was nonstop talking. We talked about anything and everything you could imagine. We stayed up late and got up early. I thought how wonderful it would be to sleep in but my body would not do it. So the first day it was 745 and the second day 815...but you know that's ok...because I was not the only one...so of course more sweet conversations were shared over coffee.
I feel so blessed by the Lord to have friendships that grow deep, friendships that you can pick up right were you left off, friendships that are not judged on how we look or what we wear, friendships that love the Lord, friendships that love and respect their husbands, friendships where I walk away feeling beyond encouraged.
Comments
i am so thankful that you had such an amazing time together.
Its such a blessing to have friends such as these.